Standard Nissan GT-R not enough for you? Then perhaps the new Track Pack will satisfy you.
Its a road legal option thats available to order on the new MY2012 GT-R. Additions over the regular GT-R are:
– New lightweight six-spoke RAYS alloys with gloss back centres
– Additional cooling ducts within the front bumper for increased brake cooling. Nissan claims these will reduce the temperature of the discs by as much as 100 degrees
– Revised suspension spring rates. These remain adjustable, like the standard GT-R
– High grip material Recaro seats with blue bolsters.
– Removal of the rear seats to save weight
– No changes to the MY2012 engine
– Costs an additional 10,000, so list price is 84,450
– First deliveries in March 2012
Thats a lot of money for no engine changes and only a couple of mechanical differences. Nissan havent revealed the total weight saved on this Track Pack but wed bet it cant be that much. The 0-62 time is the only metric we can compare, the official figure for this track pack is 2.7 seconds, just 0.1 seconds faster than the MY2012 model.
It will be interesting to see how many owners go for this pack. The standard GT-R is no slouch on the track, and many owners like the practical aspect of having a four-seater supercar slayer.
carwow can save you a great deal on your new Nissan GT-R effortlessly. Simply tell us the car you want and get multiple offers from official UK Nissan dealers.
Dealers interact with you through our site and you can message them anonymously to ask questions. It’s a haggle-free experience where you buy directly and dealers never hassle you.
Head over to our Nissan GT-R deals page to find out more and get started. You can also check out our full Nissan GT-R review.