With each new car available in so many different trim levels, it’s often hard to know which to choose. Take the Volkswagen Golf – including all the performance and eco variants, there are a staggering 12 different models – and that’s even before you’ve chosen an engine or a bodystyle!
Somewhere near the top of that range sits the GT trim. It aims to give a sporty look without the expense and higher insurance costs the GTI brings. GT trim is also available for the Polo, Passat, CC, and Scirocco, but we’ve focussed on the Golf to give you a general idea of what it offers.
Within the Golf range, the GT sits just above the Match and just below top-spec R-Line. In addition to the Match’s fairly extensive standard kit list the GT adds:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Sports suspension – this drops the ride height by 10mm
- Black air intakes and radiator grille with chrome insert
- Front fog lights
- Rear privacy glass
- GT interior trim – gloss black inserts and extra chrome trim
- Front sports seats – trimmed in Alcantara and cloth and with extra side support
- Parking sensors front and rear
- Satellite navigation system – adds European data, branded points of interest
Two engines are offered – a 2.0-litre turbodiesel and a 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol. Comparing the same diesel engine available in the Match, the GT adds £1,450 to the list price. Visual differences might be tricky to justify, but the addition of sat nav and parking sensors might make it a sensible purchase.
Find out more
Put the Volkswagen Golf in our car configurator to see how much carwow could help you save. For more options, head over to our deals page or, if you still need help picking you next car, check out our car chooser.