Picking the perfect options for your new car can often be a confusing process. Potentially an expensive one, too – it’s quite easy to get over excited in the showroom, and found you’ve added thousands to the list price with all manner of extra gizmos.
Mini tries to make things a little more straightforward with the availability of several option packs. One of the most popular is the Chili Pack. Let’s take a look at what it includes, and how much it’ll cost you.
Mini Chili Pack: what’s included?
The Chili pack is available with the Mini in Cooper and Cooper S trim levels, and with both petrol and diesel engines. It’s offered throughout the Mini range, including the Hatchback, Clubman and Convertible. Most of the add-ons are cosmetic, but some will help to improve everyday comfort and enjoyment too. Here’s what the Chili pack includes:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Automatic headlights and rain-sensing windscreen wipers
- Clear indicator lenses – in place of orange units
- Automatic air conditioning
- LED headlights and fog lights – LED lights are much brighter than standard halogen and Xenon units
- Driving mode selector – allows the driver to select between ‘Sport’, ‘Mid’ and ‘Green’. These three modes alter the settings of the throttle response, steering weight and damper settings to suit your mood
- Storage compartment pack – adds practical features to the boot space. Includes a two-part boot floor, lashing eyelets to tie objects down, and a boot net to hold smaller items securely.
- On board computer – the speedo is moved onto a pod directly ahead of the driver and houses a small digital screen which provides info including a clock, trip computer, temperature gauge and gear indicator.
- Cloth/leather upholstery
- Passenger seat height adjustment
- Leather-trimmed multifunction steering wheel – adds the facility to adjust the driver assist systems, radio, volume controls and telephone from the steering wheel
- Interior mood lighting pack – adds extra LED backlighting in the roof and door trim
- Floor mats
How much does the Mini Chili Pack cost?
Choosing the Chili pack on a regular Cooper model adds £3,200 to the asking price. That’s quite a chunk of money to add to a small car, although if enough of the features above seem worthwhile, it’s worth bearing in mind that the Chili pack represents a £675 saving over choosing each feature individually.
The Chili pack adds £2,400 to the price of a Cooper S, which saves £325 over the price of each individual option combined.
Anything else I should know?
If you’d like to add a little styling aggression to your Mini, the Chili John Cooper Works pack should add the features you’re looking for. For an extra £2,050 beyond a Cooper Chili pack (£1,400 for the Cooper S) the JCW gains black alloy wheels, a full body kit with rear spoiler, a sports steering wheel and anthracite headlining.
Save money on your next car
Take a look at the Mini Hatchback review page for a full, detailed low-down on this stylish supermini. To take a look at the alternatives using our car chooser tool or view the latest offers on our Mini hatchback deals page.